Thursday, July 21, 2011

V is for Volcano

DSC05286 DSC05284

  • Classic Erupting Volcano!
    1. In a clean cup or jar, add a spoonful of red sprinkle sugar (for the red lava!)
    2. Measure and add 1/4 cup baking soda.
    3. Shake the sugar + baking soda together to mix well. Or just add a few drops of red food coloring.
    4. Add about 1/4 cup vinegar and watch your volcano ERUPT!

DSC00281 DSC00285 DSC00292

DSC00287
  • Eyedropper Volcanoes … great idea from Preschool Playhouse
    1. On a tray, place a pile of baking soda.
    2. Mix vinegar + a few drops of food coloring in a cup.
    3. Give the kids an eyedropper. Have them fill it with vinegar, squeeze onto the baking soda and watch mini volcanoes erupt!

DSC01180 DSC01168

  • Erupting Milk Volcanoes … another fun idea from Preschool Playhouse! 
    1. Fill a glass 1/2 full of milk.
    2. Add a few drops of red food coloring (or use strawberry milk)
    3. Give your kids a straw and ask them to BLOW to make their volcano erupt! TIP: Put a tray underneath to avoid a big mess Smile

12 comments:

  1. I've pinned this and am sharing it on my facebook page. Love the ideas and photos. Thanks so much for sharing. :) Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing this with my first grader on this rainy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this post on Pinterest.com, and I did it with my kids today! What a fun and beautiful project! I wrote about it in my blog www.playmakelearn.blogspot.com and linked back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son constantly requests to do this now - thank you. He loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fun idea! We did the eyedropper volcanoes today, so cool! I posted a link to you one my blog today. Thanks!
    http://lifeofamodernmom.blogspot.com/2012/04/baking-soda-and-vinegar-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! This was so much fun. We blogged about it here: http://creatingcuriosity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun?! I even had fun making the little fizzy volcanoes :)

      Delete
  7. We have been doing dinosaurs all week and I thought it would be great to end the week with a volcano day. I did all three of your ideas and the kids LOVED them thank you so much for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son LOVES volcanoes and "hot lama," so we will definitely have to do the milk and eye dropper options (we've done the first). Thanks for the afternoon fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are doing letter v this week I thought what fun to do a lesson on volcanoes

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...